NKRC 2023 Club Championship Regulations
1) Eligible Classes
Classes eligible for the club championship in 2023 are;
- All classes will be offered.
- All classes are to comply with the Latest Edition of the Karting Australia (KA) 2023 Karting Manual and any approved addendums which can be found at karting.net.au
2) Drivers Championship
To qualify for the Club Championship, the drivers must meet the following requirements:
- A particular class is sponsored.
- All drivers must be a current financial member of Newcastle Kart Racing Club, including prior to the commencement of the first round in the championship and maintain their membership till the completion of the club championship.
- All 5(five) rounds count towards the championship. There are no dropped rounds.
- Only 1 class per competitor. If 2 classes are run you must choose your preferred championship class.
- A minimum of 4 drivers per class on each round must compete.
- One working bee or race day must be volunteered. Parent or guardian may do this.
3) Race Day Format
- All rounds will be contested using race format decided by the NKRC Board.
- All entries must be via CMS. There will be NO LATE ENTRIES and NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY.
- The race day format may be changed at the discretion of the NKRC Board.
- Eligibility of equipment will be as set out in the 2023 KA Electronic Karting Manual (and any subsequent bulletins and amendments issued by KA)
5) Point Score
- All points accumulated across all heats and finals will be used.
- The final point score will be calculated across all championship rounds.
- No driver may transfer points.
- The point score will be posted after each event as soon as available.
- Trophies will be awarded from First (1st) to Third (3rd) in all classes.
- Trophies will be awarded for first (1st) to third (3th) place for all nominated classes and medals for 4th and 5th place in Cadet 9 and Cadet 12.
- Both a junior and senior club champion will be awarded, both of these will be for the driver with the highest point score overall in either the junior or senior class.
- The Board of NKRC are currently working on prizes for our 2023 championship. This will be announced prior to the commencement of racing.