NKRC 2024 Club Championship Regulations
1) Eligible Classes
Classes eligible for the club championship in 2024 are;
- All classes will be offered.
- All classes are to comply with the Latest Edition of the Karting Australia (KA) 2024 Karting Manual and any approved addendums which can be found at karting.net.au
2) Drivers Championship
To qualify for the Club Championship, the drivers must meet the following requirements:
- All drivers must be a current financial member of Newcastle Kart Racing Club, including prior to the commencement of the first round in the championship and maintain their membership till the completion of the club championship.
- All 6 (six) rounds count towards the championship.
- A minimum of 4 drivers per class on each round must compete.
- Minimum of 4 hours at a working bee or race day must be volunteered. Parent or guardian may do this.
- Extra points for running all 6 rounds.
3) Race Day Format
- All rounds will be contested using race format decided by the NKRC Board.
- All entries must be via the KOMP System There will be NO LATE ENTRIES and NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY.
- The race day format may be changed at the discretion of the NKRC Board.
- Eligibility of equipment will be as set out in the 2024 KA Electronic Karting Manual (and any subsequent bulletins and amendments issued by KA)
5) Point Score
- All points accumulated across all heats and finals will be used.
- The final point score will be calculated across all championship rounds.
- No driver may transfer points.
- The point score will be updated on Speedhive after every event.
- Trophies will be awarded from First (1st) to Third (3rd) in all classes that qualify.
- Trophies will be awarded for first (1st) to third (3th) place for all nominated classes and medals for 4th and 5th place in Cadet 9 and Cadet 12.
- Both a junior and senior club champion will be awarded, both of these will be for the driver with the highest point score overall in either the junior or senior class.
In the event of a tie:
- Between 1st and 2nd place: both drivers will be awarded 1st place trophies. A 2nd place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 2nd and 3rd place: both drivers will be awarded 2nd place trophies. A 3rd place trophy will not be awarded
– Any disputes must be put in writing and addresses to the NKRC Secretary [email protected]
– All disputes will be adjudicated by the NKRC Board of Directors. Decisions are final.
– The Board of Directors reserves the right to make amendments to these rules in the interest of the sport.