NKRC 2017 Club Championship Regulations
The Club Championship will be held over 6 rounds. The dates are:
Round 1 – 19th March
Round 2 – 16th April
Round 3 – 7th May
Round 4 – 27th August
Round 5 – 17th September
Round 6 – 15th October
Presentation Night – TBA
2) Eligible Classes
Eligible classes for the Club Championship:
KA4 Junior Light
KA4 Junior Heavy
KA3 Senior Light
KA3 Senior Heavy
Restricted TaG 125 Light
Restricted TaG 125 Heavy
TaG 125 Light
TaG 125 Heavy
All classes are to comply with the Latest Edition of the Karting Australia (KA) 2017 Karting Manual and any approved addendums which can be found at www.karting.net.au
3) Drivers Championship
To qualify for the Club Championship, the drivers must meet the following requirements:
- All drivers must be a current financial member of Newcastle Kart Racing Club, including prior to the commencement of the first round in the championship and maintain their membership till the completion of the club championship
- Five (5) of the six (6) rounds count towards the championship. One round (the worst) will be dropped.
- A minimum of 5 rounds must be contested to be eligible for the club championship
4) Race Day Format
- The rounds will be a combination of both Computer Grid and qualifying rounds, dependent on each round as follows.
Round 1 – Computer Grid
Round 2 – Qualifying
Round 3 – Computer Grid
Round 4 – Computer Grid
Round 5 – Computer Grid
Round 6 – Qualifying
- Computer grid format will consist of 2 minute carburettor session, 3 Heats, Pre-final and a Final (laps will be decided closer to each round dependant on season and pre-entry numbers in conjunction with the KA Rulebook/Manual)
- Qualifying rounds format will consist of 2 lap warm up in conjunction with qualifying, 2 heats, pre-final and a final (laps will be decided closer to each round dependant on season and pre-entry numbers in conjunction with the KA Rulebook/Manual)
- All entries should be via CMS, to avoid late fee’s, entries should be in no later than close of business on the Wednesday prior to the event.
- Race direction will be advertised no later than 2 weeks prior to the event
- The race day format may be changed at the discretion of the board.
- Eligibility of equipment will be as set out in the 2017 KA Electronic Karting Manual (and any subsequent bulletins and amendments issued by KA)
6) Point Score
- Point score tally and format will be made available via the website
- The final point score will be calculated from the best 5 rounds
- No driver may transfer points in class earned in a class competed in into another class
- The point score will be posted after each event as soon as available.
6a) Volunteer Points
- Bonus points will be awarded to each racing individual that volunteers for the club, whether it be for a Race meeting, working bee or any other duties that may need help with around the club
- 10 points will be awarded for a half day of volunteering, 20 points for a full day, with a maximum of 60 points available for the club championship
- Points can only be transferred between direct family members, example Mum and Dad may volunteer for the club and then have those points transferred directly to their Son or Daughter.
- If you are unable to attend a working be or race meeting to volunteer, please email Brian at email@example.com to arrange when you can assist with projects and maintenance around the club
- Trophies will be awarded from First (1st) to Third (3rd) in each junior category.
- Trophies will be awarded from First (1st) to Third (3rd) in each senior category.
- Medallions will be awarded from fourth (4th) to fifth (5th) in each junior category.
- Medallions or Trophies will be awarded to the highest placed P-Plater in each class if contested.
- b) Championship:
- Trophies will be awarded for first (1st) to fifth (5th) place for each junior category
- Trophies will be awarded for first (1st) to third (3rd) place for each senior category
- Prizes and giveaway will be awarded to each place in respective to prizes available and at the discretion of the board.
- Both a junior and senior club champion will be awarded, both these awards are awarded to the driver with the highest point score overall in either the junior or senior category
In the event of a tie :
- Between 1st and 2nd place: both drivers will be awarded 1st place trophies. A 2nd place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 2nd and 3rd place: both drivers will be awarded 2nd place trophies. A 3rd place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 3rd and 4th place: both drivers will be awarded 3rd place trophies. A 4th place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 4th and 5th place: both drivers will be awarded 4th place trophies. A 5th place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 5th and 6th place: both drivers will be awarded 5th place trophies.
– Any disputes must be put in writing and addresses to the NKRC Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
-All disputes will be adjudicated by the NKRC Board of Directors. Decisions are final.
– The Board of Directors reserves the right to make amendments to these rules in the interest of the sport.