NKRC 2018 Club Championship Regulations
The Club Championship will be held over 7 rounds. The dates are:
Round 1 – 14th January
Round 2 – 4th February
Round 3 – 4th March
Round 4 – 8th April
Round 5 – 21-22 July
Round 6 – 5th August
Round 7 – 4th November
Presentation Night – 24th November 2018
2) Eligible Classes
Eligible classes for the Club Championship:
KA4 Junior Light
KA4 Junior Heavy
KA3 Senior Light
KA3 Senior Heavy
Restricted TaG 125 Light (B Grade License Holders ineligible for Trophies/Prizes)
Restricted TaG 125 Medium (B Grade License Holders ineligible for Trophies/Prizes)
Restricted TaG 125 Heavy (B Grade License Holders ineligible for Trophies/Prizes)
TaG 125 Light
TaG 125 Heavy
4SS Junior (TBC based on numbers in 1st three rounds)
4SS Senior (TBC based on numbers in 1st three rounds)
All classes are to comply with the Latest Edition of the Karting Australia (KA) 2018 Karting Manual and any approved addendums which can be found at www.karting.net.au
3) Drivers Championship
To qualify for the Club Championship, the drivers must meet the following requirements:
- All drivers must be a current financial member of Newcastle Kart Racing Club, including prior to the commencement of the first round in the championship and maintain their membership till the completion of the club championship
- Six (6) of the seven (7) rounds count towards the championship. One round (the worst) will be dropped.
- A minimum of 5 rounds must be contested to be eligible for the club championship
- A minimum of 2 days volunteering at either, race day, working bees and/or canteen to be eligible for the club championship. This time can be made up of either ½ days for race days or working bee’s or 2 hour shifts in the canteen (4×2 hour shifts = 1 day). A canteen roster will be made up and available at the canteen please enquire at the canteen.
- If you are unable to attend a working bee or race meeting to volunteer, please email Brian at email@example.com arrange when you can assist with projects and maintenance around the club
- It is the responsibility of the volunteer to fill out and sign the Volunteer register in the Canteen. This must include the Date, Start Time and End time and duties performed.
4) Race Day Format
- The rounds will be a combination of both Computer Grid and qualifying rounds, dependent on each round as follows.
Round 1 – Qualifying – Clockwise (All Points Count)
Round 2 – Computer Grid – Anti-Clockwise (Final Only Counts)
Round 3 – Computer Grid – Anti-Clockwise (All Points Count)
Round 4 – Computer Grid – Anti-Clockwise (All Points Count)
Round 5 – Computer Grid – Clockwise (All Points Count)
Round 6 – Computer Grid – Anti-Clockwise (Final Only counts)
Round 7 – Qualifying – Clockwise (All Points Count)
- Computer grid format will consist of 2 minute carburettor session, 3 Heats and a Final – Format 24 (laps will be decided closer to each round dependant on season and pre-entry numbers in conjunction with the KA Rulebook/Manual)
- Qualifying rounds format will consist of 2 lap warm up in conjunction with qualifying, 3 Heats and a final – Format 12 (laps will be decided closer to each round dependant on season and pre-entry numbers in conjunction with the KA Rulebook/Manual)
- All entries should be via CMS, to avoid late fee’s, entries should be in no later than close of business on the Wednesday prior to the event.
- The race day format may be changed at the discretion of the board.
- Eligibility of equipment will be as set out in the 2018 KA Electronic Karting Manual (and any subsequent bulletins and amendments issued by KA)
6) Point Score
- Points are allocated based on the Points Table which will be posted on the Website. Points will be accumulated based on starting position of the last heat and finishing position of the final.
- Point score tally and format will be made available via the website
- The final point score will be calculated from the best 6 rounds
- No driver may transfer points in class earned in a class competed in into another class
- The point score will be posted after each event as soon as available.
- Trophies will be awarded from First (1st) to Third (3rd) in each junior category.
- Trophies will be awarded from First (1st) to Third (3rd) in each senior category.
- Medallions will be awarded from fourth (4th) to fifth (5th) in each junior category.
- b) Championship:
- Trophies will be awarded for first (1st) to fifth (5th) place for each junior category
- Trophies will be awarded for first (1st) to third (3rd) place for each senior category
- Prizes and giveaway will be awarded to each place in respective to prizes available and at the discretion of the board.
- Both a junior and senior club champion will be awarded, both these awards are awarded to the driver with the highest point score overall in either the junior or senior category
In the event of a tie:
- Between 1st and 2nd place: both drivers will be awarded 1st place trophies. A 2nd place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 2nd and 3rd place: both drivers will be awarded 2nd place trophies. A 3rd place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 3rd and 4th place: both drivers will be awarded 3rd place trophies. A 4th place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 4th and 5th place: both drivers will be awarded 4th place trophies. A 5th place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 5th and 6th place: both drivers will be awarded 5th place trophies.
– Any disputes must be put in writing and addresses to the NKRC Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
– All disputes will be adjudicated by the NKRC Board of Directors. Decisions are final.
– The Board of Directors reserves the right to make amendments to these rules in the interest of the sport.