NKRC 2021 Club Championship Regulations
The Club Championship will be held over 5 rounds. The dates are:
Round 1 – 7th February 2021
Round 2 – 16th May 2021
Round 3 – 13th June 2021
Round 4 – 17th October 2021
Round 5 – 14th November 2021
2) Eligible Classes
There are two ways a class will be eligible as a championship class in 2021
- A class has been sponsored
- There are 3 financial NKRC members in any class by the end of Round 2
NOTE: Classes for the championship will be based on Numbers on the first 2 rounds. Any Class that does not have three (3) NKRC Members eligible for the championship at the completion of round 2 will be eliminated from the club championship.
All classes are to comply with the Latest Edition of the Karting Australia (KA) 2020 Karting Manual and any approved addendums which can be found at www.karting.net.au
3) Drivers Championship
To qualify for the Club Championship, the drivers must meet the following requirements:
- All drivers must be a current financial member of Newcastle Kart Racing Club, including prior to the commencement of the first round in the championship and maintain their membership till the completion of the club championship
- All 5(five) rounds count towards the championship. There are no dropped rounds.
- A minimum of 3 rounds must be contested to be eligible for the club championship
4) Race Day Format
- All rounds will be contested with a computer grid under Karting Australia format 13.
- All entries must be via CMS, There will be NO LATE ENTRIES and NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY.
- The race day format may be changed at the discretion of the board.
- Eligibility of equipment will be as set out in the 2020 KA Electronic Karting Manual (and any subsequent bulletins and amendments issued by KA)
6) Point Score
- Points are allocated based on the Points Table which will be posted on the Website. Points will be accumulated across all heats and finals.
- Point score tally and format will be made available via the website after round 1(one)
- The final point score will be calculated across all championship rounds.
- No driver may transfer points in class earned in a class competed in into another class
- The point score will be posted after each event as soon as available.
- Trophies will be awarded from First (1st) to Third (3rd) in all categories.
- b) Championship:
- Trophies will be awarded for first (1st) to third (3th) place for all categories and medals for 4th and 5th place in Cadet 9 and Cadet 12.
- Both a junior and senior club champion will be awarded, both these awards are awarded to the driver with the highest point score overall in either the junior or senior category
In the event of a tie:
- Between 1st and 2nd place: both drivers will be awarded 1st place trophies. A 2nd place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 2nd and 3rd place: both drivers will be awarded 2nd place trophies. A 3rd place trophy will not be awarded
– Any disputes must be put in writing and addresses to the NKRC Secretary [email protected]
– All disputes will be adjudicated by the NKRC Board of Directors. Decisions are final.
– The Board of Directors reserves the right to make amendments to these rules in the interest of the sport.