NKRC 2022 Club Championship Regulations
1) Eligible Classes
Classes eligible for the club championship in 2022 are;
- Cadet 9
- Cadet 12
- KA4 Junior (championship weight)
- KA3 Junior
- KA3 Senior (championship weight)
- Tag restricted light
- Tag restricted medium
- Tag open (championship weight)
All classes are to comply with the Latest Edition of the Karting Australia (KA) 2022 Karting Manual and any approved addendums which can be found at www.karting.net.au
2) Drivers Championship
To qualify for the Club Championship, the drivers must meet the following requirements:
- All drivers must be a current financial member of Newcastle Kart Racing Club, including prior to the commencement of the first round in the championship and maintain their membership till the completion of the club championship
- All 5(five) rounds count towards the championship. There are no dropped rounds.
- A minimum of 3 rounds must be contested to be eligible for the club championship
3) Race Day Format
- All rounds will be contested with a computer grid under Karting Australia format 18.
- All entries must be via CMS, There will be NO LATE ENTRIES and NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY.
- The race day format may be changed at the discretion of the board.
- Eligibility of equipment will be as set out in the 2022 KA Electronic Karting Manual (and any subsequent bulletins and amendments issued by KA)
5) Point Score
- Points are allocated based on the Points Table which will be posted on the Website. Points will be accumulated across all heats and finals.
- Point score tally and format will be made available via the website after round 1(one)
- The final point score will be calculated across all championship rounds.
- No driver may transfer points in class earned in a class competed in into another class
- The point score will be posted after each event as soon as available.
- Trophies will be awarded from First (1st) to Third (3rd) in all classes.
- b) Championship:
- Trophies will be awarded for first (1st) to third (3th) place for all nominated classes and medals for 4th and 5th place in Cadet 9 and Cadet 12.
- Both a junior and senior club champion will be awarded, both these awards are awarded to the driver with the highest point score overall in either the junior or senior class.
- (1st) place will be awarded $500 plus entry in to Karting Australian 2023 State Championship.
- (2nd) place will be awarded $500 in cash.
- (3rd) place will be awarded $300 in cash.
In the event of a tie:
- Between 1st and 2nd place: both drivers will be awarded 1st place trophies. A 2nd place trophy will not be awarded
- Between 2nd and 3rd place: both drivers will be awarded 2nd place trophies. A 3rd place trophy will not be awarded
– Any disputes must be put in writing and addresses to the NKRC Secretary [email protected]
– All disputes will be adjudicated by the NKRC Board of Directors. Decisions are final.
– The Board of Directors reserves the right to make amendments to these rules in the interest of the sport.