Dear valued members of Newcastle Kart Racing Club
The Club Board has completed its arrangements and finalised a set of Practice Rules to recommence practice at the track starting from this coming weekend. As from Friday 22nd May 2020 we will be open for restricted and COVID compliant practice within the limits set out by the NSW Government’s Public Health Order No. 2, the recommendations from the Australian Chief Medical Officer and the Guidelines set out by Karting Australia.
At this stage, Practice days will be Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday of each week until further notice.
In order for this to work, it will be essential that all Karters, Participants, Members and Staff strictly comply with the rules that are set out below when attending our facility. All those attending will also need to read the Practice Supplementary Regulations that will set out fees, entry dates and deadlines as well as other relevant information. The Regulations will be available 19/5/2020.Please note there will be a
limit of people attending on each day restricted to four groups of up to 10 entries with one Pit Crew/Participant per driver.
The Rules that have been set in place and which MUST be strictly followed are:
- All participants will need to enter via CMS under ‘Karting Fun’ before the day as no entries will be accepted at the track on the day. In order to provide access to as many Members as possible, entries for consecutive days will not be allowed however entries can be made two days apart. This may be changed at the discretion of the Board.
- Each Karter will be allowed only ONE Pit Crew and / or Participant.
- All Members, Drivers, Pit Crew and/or Participants will be required to complete and submit a Karting Australia COVID-19 Declaration 24 hours prior to attending their session.
You must forward the received email immediately to the club at [email protected]
You can access and complete this at https://kartingaustralia.wufoo.com/forms/wzh4xdl1vf2lmy/
- The daily schedule will run as follows:
– Practice time will run from 9.00am to 4.00pm
– Gates will open at 7.30am and close at 5.00pm
– Gates will be closed from 10.00am to 3.00pm in order to isolate the facility.
– If you have entered, you and your Pit person or your Participant must be inside
the facility by 10.00am
- All practice sessions at this stage will be for Karting Australia Licence holders who are
members of Newcastle Kart Racing Club.
- Upon entering the premises, you will be required to follow the signs to the Office/Canteen area where you will confirm your arrival and be issued with a designated pit area.
- In Stage 1 – Practice groups will be capped at 10 drivers and will be split into the standard 4 groups being Cadets, Juniors, Senior (Low Performance) and Senior (High Performance). This may change as we move into Stage 2 of the Karting Australia COVID-19
- All Pit spaces will be marked and Entrants will be required to strictly follow the directions of Officials to make sure that Karts and Trailers are positioned within the allocated spaces.
- Whilst in the designated Pit areas and everywhere within the facility, all drivers and their Participants MUST maintain social distancing at all times and follow all signs and markings posted on the facility.
- The Canteen will be open from 10.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.00pm to 3.00pm for the service of basic food and drinks. Whilst you are at the Canteen, you MUST practice social distancing at all times. Specific entry and exit points will be marked as well as markers for queuing and waiting. You are required to use the hand sanitizers available at the Canteen as well as when you use the Toilet facilities.
- A designated First Aid Officer and a COVID Safe Officer will be in attendance during the practice sessions throughout the day and the Club will have the required Officials Supervising the sessions who will be available to provide assistance at any time.
- All of the rules and procedures as set out above will be closely monitored by the Club Board and changes may be made as situations arise and at the Board’s discretion.
THE CLUB HAVE PUT ALL OF THESE MEASURES IN PLACE FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL CONCERNED SO THAT WE ARE ABLE TO GET BACK TO OUR SPORT OF KARTING
THESE RULES ARE TO BE STRICTLY FOLLOWED AT ALL TIMES
ANYONE IN BREACH WILL BE DIRECTED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY